- Focus is on divorce and family law including parenting issues, custody, and support.
- Attorney and mediator since 1997.
- Divorced herself, and a single parent, she understands the issues of divorcing families.
- Worked with over 1,000 families as an attorney, mediator, guardian ad litem, parenting coordinator, and conflict coach.
- Laurie takes the time to learn about the unique perspective of each client so a plan can be tailored to meet their individual needs.
- Taught at John Carroll and frequent speaker on divorce, divorce options – including mediation, and communicating with difficult people.
- Thirteen years of sales experience with Fortune 500 companies.
- Laurie developed her listening skills and problem solving techniques to help businesses pursue their goals. While she enjoyed her work with businesses, Laurie decided she wanted to do something more, something that mattered and made a difference in people’s lives. So she chose to put her skills to work as a family law attorney, mediator, and conflict coach.
MEMBERSHIPS & ORGANIZATIONS
- Task Force Committee on Mediation for Cuyahoga County Domestic Relations Court
- Task Force on Parenting Coordination for Summit County Domestic Relations Court
- Member of the Parenting Coordinator Task Force for Ohio Supreme Court’s Subcommittee on Alternative Dispute Resolution Options
- Board Member of the Lawyer’s Guild of the Catholic Diocese, Past Chair of Membership and Programming
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, member of the family law section
- Center for Principled Advocacy
- Broadview Heights Chamber of Commerce
- Cleveland State University, B.A., 1985
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 1996
Active in the community, she is a lector at her church and has been an assistant volleyball and softball coach. Her interests include reading, hiking, and biking, including riding in the MS Pedal to the Point from Berea to Cedar Point.
Laurie has a daughter who wrote ‘From A Child’s Perspective‘.